Health Axis Group, a leader in healthcare technology, is looking for a Programmer Analyst. The Programmer Analyst is responsible for analysis of requests, providing estimates, coding and initial testing of solutions and expected to complete all tasks required to have the projects installed. Programmer Analyst also assist in researching issues reported, including adhering to project methodology currently in place with the team.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Manage resolution of incoming client tickets, including: gathering information, recreation of issue, resolution of the issue and co-ordination with programming staff.
• Reviews, analyzes and modifies programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging, and installing assigned projects according to standard methodology.
• Codes to technical specifications; codes, tests, debugs, and installs assigned projects according to standard methodology.
• Designs and writes codes to support existing applications in accordance with client requirements.
• Works well within a team environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills for internally and with clients.
• Responsible for coding in a structured and supportable manner.
• The ability to manage tasks and priorities.
• The ability to work within HealthAxis programming standards.
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Application or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 2 or more years of programming experience in a UniBasic based programming language.
• Experience in healthcare / payor environment preferred but not required.
• Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Visio.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills.
• Strong focus on meeting business needs through detailed understanding of user requirements and effective and accurate implementation of technical specifications.
• Strong analytical and process flow skills required.
• Must be able to successfully work independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to multi-task and make effective decisions under pressure.
Include salary history with your response. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should include: Unidata Programmer Analyst.